January 5, 2009

Tooth and Air Force

So I am happy to say that Kellen has cut his first tooth.
Here is the story: I called Dustin on my way home from work and Kellen was throwing a fit in the background. I guess he was sleeping and suddenly woke up and started crying and wouldn't stop. I could hear the stress and concern in Dustin's voice. When I got home, Dustin was walking Kellen around and he had stopped crying. I could tell they were both happy to see me.
I knew Kellen started teething because he was trying to chew on everything he could get his hands on. I had also seen a little white spot on his gum a few days ago so I knew the tooth was coming. I decided to check on it because I suspected that the combo of tooth pain and sleepiness was the cause of his fit. I saw a big white spot and when I rubbed my finger on it, I could feel the sharp little tooth. After some good cuddling, I finally got him to fall asleep in his swing.
I can't believe how quickly he has grown. Now if I can just get him to start sleeping through the night. (Dustin says its my fault because I pick him up at every wimper.I can't resist though. I hate to see him sad.)
Dustin is currently studying to take the AFOQT (Air Force Officer's Qualifying Test). This will allow him to be approved to go to OTS (Officer Training School). Going back into the Air Force will be a sensible move but it isn't where is heart necessarily is. I know that he would love to get a great job as a Graphic/Web Designer and let me stay home with the baby. The Air Force will allow us to do that and maybe let us see the world.
Anyways... After finally cracking open the book today, he saw that there is some areas where he could improve. The test is scheduled for Thursday but he talked to the recruiter today and found out that they give the test every month. I think putting off for a month is wise. If he takes it this week, he can't take it again for 6 months but if he waits, he has alot more time to study. Math and vocabulary are his weaknesses. He just needs to remember all the things he learned back in the day. They reccomend you study the SAT books to prepare. We'll see how it goes. I am trying to help him study. I look at things and know the answer so sometimes it is hard for me to explain it. I thnk this is good practice for when Kellen needs help with his homework. I know Dustin is smart but he isn't the best test taker. The better he scores, the more career oppurtunities he will have. Maybe we will luck out and he will pass with flying colors and we will get a job in the Air Force that is in his field. We can only pray.

No comments: