May 15, 2009

Playing Catch Up

So much has changed since my last post. I have been procrastinating and a bit overwhelmed. I don't know where to start.



Dustin has joined the Army. He left on April 5th. He went to Ft. Sill, OK for Warrior Transition Course. It is a modified boot camp for prior enlisted. He really wanted to go Air Force but he didn't do very good on his test. I think that really shook his confidence and the Army said they would take him so he went. He still wants to be an officer so I think he will attempt that once things settle down. His job will be Aviation Operations. From my understanding, that means he will deal with all the administrative stuff for the planes and stuff dealing with the FAA.

Since he has been gone, I have been home with Kellen. I am so happy that I am finally a SAHM. I am also SUPER excited because on Monday, I am flying out to see him. He gets some time off on Tuesday night and his graduation is Wednesday and then he gets the rest of the day off. They don't get an overnight pass though. I fly home on Thursday and then he is off to Alabama. He will attend AIT at Ft. Rucker, AL for 8 weeks. He has been gone for 6 weeks and will still have 8 to go!

Kellen has changed so much since my last post. He now has 5 teeth. He is officially a crawler and soon to be walker. He is so much fun. I have such a blast playing with him all the time and seeing how he has progressed. I am so glad for what Dustin is doing for our family but I feel so bad that he has missed the baby. Kellen is 30in tall (75%) and 19lbs, 12oz (25%). I am a little surprised by his weight. I thought he weighed more but recently he has become alot more active so I guess it makes sense.



This is Kellen with my flowers he sent me for Mother's Day.


I have been watching the blogs of other people and I am jealous of how crafty they are. I have bought some stuff to start scrapbooking I am going to try my hand at that. I realized that I had a ton of photos of Kellen but they were all digital. I finally got around to printing them and as soon as I get them, I am going to town. I am going to try to bleach print some shirts for Kellen and I bought a hot glue gun. Not sure what I need it for but doesn't every good crafter need one? :-)

No comments: