May 16, 2009

Obsession

Kellen and I have each found new obsessions. Mine his food and his is inadvertently exercise.

I was at the Entemanns outlet last week and they had samples so I took one and fell in love. These delicious little bites combine Twinkies and chocolate. And the best part is that they are only 100 calories. I think I have eaten more than one on only one day. I gave one to Kellen last night and he loved it. I felt guilty because I was giving my son junk food but I rationalized it by telling myself that they were only 100 calories and he had eaten all of his dinner. :-) He was a little sugar high for a few minutes and raced around in his walker and then he went to bed so all was good.


Speaking of racing around in the walker: Kellen LOVES LOVES LOVES chasing the cat. He truly LOVES her and she barely tolerates him. Whenever he gets the chance to be near her, he goes for it. Unfortunately for him, he isn't sneaky for fast and she usually gets away. Sometimes when I feel bad for him, I will hold Videl so that Kellen can 'pet' her. That consists of him taking handfuls of hair, him squealing in a really high girly voice and then he rubs his face on her fur. It is really cute and then I have to spend 5 minutes cleaning all the hair from his hands and face.
We also made up our own game. Kellen is in his walker and I will 'run' away from him and hide around the corner. He chases me and I will pop out and say boo. He totally knows it is coming but it still doesn't stop him from loving it. He laughs so hard and I love it. I know everyone says this but the laugh of your own child is addictive. It is the only surefire antidote to whatever ails you.

No comments: