October 26, 2009

"The Pumpkin Patch"

I put the title in quotations because where we went was called a patch but it wasn't.

In Tucson, you could drive around town and fins a variety of pop tents with people selling pumpkins under them. That isn't the case in Texas. As far as I can tell, you had to buy your pumpkin at the grocery store. That just isn't in the spirit of Halloween so I did an internet search for pumpkin patches. The one we found was in the neighboring town about 40 miles away. The description sounded awesome so away we went.

When we pulled up, there were alot of cars and we figured it would be great. We were wrong. There was a hay ride but it was very short and too expensive so we opted out. I'm not a big fan of sitting behind a tractor with strangers and dry grass sticking me in the butt anyway. There was a 'petting zoo.' It had a few goat, few sheep and a llama in a seperate isolated stall. Kellen liked the animals and chased them around.



The pumpkin selection was disappointing. There was a tent with different types of pumpkins. When the supply got low, they would bring some more over from some secret hidden area. We chose 3 of them. One for each of us.




In all honesty, I shouldn't really complain because I did enjoy hanging out with my friend Trina, her husband and sons. And when we got there, a really nice lady gave us her tickets cause she was leaving so we didn't have to pay for any of the activities and only paid for our pumpkins.

1 comment:

*Katie May* said...

That's cool you still tried to go out and have fun