February 22, 2010

I die a little every night

Okay, Not really but I feel like it.

A strange thing has started to happen to me at night and now it is starting to happen in the afternoons as well.

After I eat a meal or snack or just drink about 8oz of liquid, I feel like I am going to explode. The only way to describe it is that really uncomfortable, full feeling that you get after making a complete glutton of yourself during a Thanksgiving meal, or 2 Thanksgiving meals if you have to visit 2 families. :-)

I am laid up on the couch, tossing and turning because I can't get comfortable and actually praying to burp or fart to relieve the pressure even though I know it isn't gas. (Kinda gross I know but I want you to fully understand.) And the weirdest part is, I can tell my metabolism is faster because during this time of Shamu-ness ('cause I feel like a whale) I can actually hear my stomach growling. My digestive track is saying "Feed me!" and my abdomen is saying "I dare you!"

I have been noticeably more bloated. And by noticeably, I mean I have noticed it because Dustin thinks all preggos are crazy. :-) I even busted out the preggo jeans the other day because my regular ones were a little too snug and I was going to be cleaning so no one was going to be around to get a shot of my plumber's crack whenever I had to bend over. (They are still too big but it was comfy!)

Luckily, I still have my mornings to eat. That is nice because I haven't felt as pukey the past few days. It is probably a mind over hormones thing. I am telling myself that I need to eat because it isn't going to happen later. And when I eat, I no longer feel icky. Everything bagels with chive cream cheese have been a staple in my diet for about a week. And I need to go to the store and restock because I'm down to my last one...

So there is an update on my expanding waistline.

No comments: